Image Map

Friday, March 1, 2013

Quick Fix Therapy Idea

Not sure if any of you already do this, but yesterday during a session, I was using Super Duper's Social Skills Chipper Chat. Actually, I had the box on my counter and a preschooler asked if we could play with it. Maybe it's the red box...but I have a lot of younger kids who just want to see what's inside! I pulled out the mats that you're supposed to have the students put the chipper chat chips on and suddenly it hit me! He's an artic kid and we just discussed the pictures - great for an intelligibility rating!

After the session, I took myself to the copier to see if it would work the way I had hoped. It did!

I made a few copies of some of the mats:



BAM! Instant Do-A-Dot sheets for when you *forget* to print out a seasonal one...

For the dots that are blank, you could write in words with artic sounds that a child might be working on. Some of the boards have pictures of items in the dots - great for language kids who might be naming attributes, categories, WH questions, etc! 

Does anyone else do this?  




3 comments:

  1. Wh- Chipper Chat has a book with black and white copies of the game boards! I've used those for homework and instructed the parents to use crayon, bingo marker, or stickers to fill in the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wh- Chipper Chat has a book with black and white copies of the game boards! I've used those for homework and instructed the parents to use crayon, bingo marker, or stickers to fill in the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I've made copies of the Artic Chipper Chat boards (you have to reduce them to make them fit on an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of paper) and sent home as homework too. I leave room on the side to be able to write specific words I want them to practice or I will draw lines and have the student write 10-15 of the words they find with their sound in the word. I write directions on the paper THEN make copies.

    ReplyDelete