Image Map

Friday, April 19, 2013

Clinical Skills Confidence: Areas I'd Like To Learn More About

Now for something a little different: Areas I'd Like to Learn More About


After only 3 years in the field, there are some areas that I'm more comfortable with and some areas that I'd definitely like to gain more experience with. The following are my top 3:

1. CAS or Childhood Apraxia of Speech: Prior to this year, I've had minimal experience with this area. It seems to be controversial (as far as diagnosis, treatment, etc) within our field. I've been trying to do more reading up on it in order to gain more insight and will share as I go along. I would also love to get do PROMPT training at some point in the future. 

2. AAC: With all the different devices/companies/systems out there, it's hard to know where to even start. I've had some experience with various devices, but don't feel that I'm really knowledgeable about any of them!

3. Intervention for 2 year olds: Before this year, the youngest age I worked with was 3. I feel that the 2 year olds require a different kind of therapy, so I've been reading a lot about what approaches work with this age group. They are definitely cute though!

What do you want to learn more about?


No comments:

Post a Comment