Image Map

Saturday, October 5, 2013

{Review} Speech Pages

I recently got the opportunity to try out some products from Speech Page! This is a company that sends you already laminated and velcroed (I think I made that word up) therapy materials. I have to say the time saved not laminating and adding velcro was a huge bonus for me. 

I was sent the following:

Interactive Prepositions 4C


Pros: I loved that the students could actually "perform" the preposition. My preschoolers really seemed to loved the interactive pieces. I liked that we could work on vocabulary and generating sentences as well. 

Cons: While they loved putting the pieces "in" and "behind," they did seem to have some trouble sliding the piece in without my help. This probably wouldn't be a problem with older students. 

Following Multistep Directions 4A: This comes with a direction page too!


Pros: I love the variety of concepts that are included. These pages allow for more vocabulary and concept development. I also used some of the pages for requesting with some kids in the autism classroom, which worked really well. 

Cons: The only improvement I would love to see is having the direction page for each scene printed on the back of the scene, so you don't have to remember to bring a separate page with you!



Pros: My 4th-6th graders really liked discussing the problems that could happen. The fact that there is a visual picture definitely helped my students. I was able to observe a lot of language with follow-up questions too!

Cons: None!

Speech Page is definitely a company that you should check out! If you sign up for SuperSaving email, you can get notification of special monthly discounts too! Thank you to the company for allowing me a chance to review your products!

Disclaimer: The products were provided to me; however, the opinions expressed are solely my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment