Image Map

Saturday, February 1, 2014

How Do You Use It? Linky


Speech Time Fun has started a monthly linky party and I just had to join. Each month, she's sharing her ideas for items found in most therapy rooms and inviting other SLP bloggers to share theirs. This month is index cards!

I use index cards all the time. Here is what I use them for most frequently:

1. Homework: I find it easy to write artic words, synonyms, antonyms, etc on index cards. This way, I can use them in the session and then just rubber band them and send them for homework. 

2. Keep track of what I'm working on (otherwise known as "keep myself sane"): I write some of my IEP goals so that the student needs to learn X amount of regular past tense verbs, synonyms/antonyms, common objects, etc. over the course of the IEP. I keep a "master deck" so that I know which ones we're working on.

3. Social Thinking activities: I frequently use them for social thinking activities, like this one.

4. Cues: If a student needs visual/written cues, I frequently will pull out the index cards to quickly jot them down. 

Make sure you check out Speech Time Fun's post to read ideas from other bloggers!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up!!! I love the idea to use them for homework!!

    ReplyDelete