Teachers Pay Teachers is all abuzz with back to school excitement! I recently decided to see what kind of free things I could find for the first week of school/therapy.
Check out what I found:
1. Assorted Name Tags: 4 different themes included! This might be great to use with groups to have them introduce themselves to each other. All my kiddos will be new to me this year, so this would be great to help me learn all their names. You could have them draw/write things they like and then talk about them!
2. Frames: Enlarge and print one for each student. Have them draw a picture of themselves and describe things they like. A great icebreaker!!
3. "Be Kind or Be Quiet" sign: A simple reminder sign for all students!
4. Watermelon Craftivity: Write about why school is sweet! Another great way to generate language AND color! What could be better?!
5. Riding the bus social story and Back to school social story: Help kids get back in the routine of riding the bus and being back in school with social stories.
6. Fill A Backpack: Play this fun dice game and work on vocabulary and language skills. You could adapt this to work on following directions too!
7. Back to School Survey: Have your students interview each other! WH questions, grammar, and social skills all rolled into one!
8. Back To School Question Bingo: Pull out those bingo chips and work on answering questions and school related vocabulary!
9. Articulation story for /s/: Free story to work on articulation of /s/
10. Back to school spatial vocabulary: This can be played in multiple ways!
These are just 10 of the fantastic back to school themed freebies I've found while perusing TpT. Make sure you check these out and let me know of any other great ones you've found. Make sure you've "liked" my Facebook page because I often will post about great finds on there!