Disclaimer: Affiliate links are included for your convenience!
I frequently use books in therapy! It's a great way to incorporate literacy and language skills. While I love browsing big name book stores, I sometimes don't love the prices. Here are my tips for finding inexpensive books:
1. Thrift Stores: While you may have to do some digging, you can often find great books for a steal.
2. Paper Back Swap: This is a website that allows you to trade books and get new ones using credits. So dig out those old books you don't need anymore and trade them for new ones!
3. Dollar Store/Dollar Spot: Sometimes you can find great, short books at these places...among other things that can easily cause you to spend more than you intended.
4. eBay: If you search "children's book lot" or "speech therapy," you can usually get a bunch of different hits for less.
5. Amazon: When you search for a book on Amazon, you sometimes have the option to buy a used version, which can be considerably cheaper. Plus, if you have Amazon Prime, you can get free 2 day shipping!
6. Children's Section of Alibris books: I haven't personally ordered from here, but there were some books for as low as $0.99!
Where do you get books for your therapy room?