Do you have an SLP in your life? Are you wondering what to get him/her for the holidays? Look no further. In my opinion, these are the most coveted items on an SLP's wish list:
Disclaimer: Affiliate links are included for your convenience!
1. Laminating sheets: No, 50 is not enough. If you really want to get on the good side of your favorite SLP, you might want to add a minimum of 3 of these to your cart - yes, they are 200 count. Don't judge.
2. Assorted Stress Balls: You might be thinking, why would we need more than 1? Well, if you are kind enough to purchase the assortment below, your lovely SLP will be able to use them to teach categorization, object labels, verbs and much more. That same SLP can then "borrow" one to use when it's the end of the month and the paperwork mountains have gotten so high that your slightly frazzled SLP can't see his/her desk. Double duty, people. It's necessary for our profession.
3. Empty egg cartons, boxes, toilet paper rolls, and tissue boxes: Surprise, this one's free! You may think it's trash, but your SLP can work wonders with these things. Better yet, get an index card and a Sharpie and write the following: "Monthly Subscription Granted" and promise to deliver these items every month. Be prepared, he/she may jump up and down with joy.
4. A new tote: Check out Dean's etsy shop to purchase one of these amazing, personalized totes. I promise this will be a hit. Every SLP I know carries around a ton of stuff and this is a fun way to do so. And really...I mean, how cute are these?
5. Speech Pathologist Street Sign: This is purely for fun! Who wouldn't love one of these?
6. Coffee, tea, or other caffeinated beverage: Let's face it, an SLP's job involves lots of running around, late nights doing paperwork, and is generally a busy lifestyle. Caffeine is sometimes necessary to keep everything running smoothly.
7. Find a Cranium Cariboo game (seen below - sells for $160 on Amazon because it's discontinued). This is a gem of a game that all SLPs love to use. You will quickly become your SLP's favorite person in the world if you gift one of these. I'm only sort of kidding.
8. A TpT giftcard: Most SLPs I know frequent this website a lot. Why not make your SLP's day and give him/her the gift of well-priced, creative products?
9. Various colored permanent markers: These serve a multitude of uses. Ask any SLP! Most of us are all about the color coded, organized visuals.
10. Die cut machine: There are several different types (see below for ideas). A lot of SLPs do crafts in therapy and this is the perfect way to help us out!
Not every SLP works in the elementary school setting, so let's not forget those in the hospital and middle/high school settings! These next few ideas would be perfect for them!
11. Anything from Michelle Garcia Winner's Social Thinking products: For the older crowd, I've used and really liked her Should I Or Shouldn't I? game. This is a great game to use in groups and has some topics that really apply to this age group.
12. News 2 You subscription: They have an app and in-app purchases that you can use right on your iPad. If you don't have an iPad, they have a regular subscription too!
13. Voice, swallowing, speech production clipboard inserts: These tablets have diagrams and information related to voice, swallowing, and speech production. Your SLP will love being able to rip it off and give to patients!
14. Speech Pathology Reference clipboard: Information at your SLP's fingertips is a great thing to have!! Plus it's a clipboard! We love our clipboards!
15. Prop It Speech Therapy Travel Kit: Mirror, magnetic, and dry erase. An SLP's 3 favorite things!
I hope this list has given you some fresh ideas for the SLP on your gift list. If you're an SLP, feel free to add anything YOU'D like for the holidays.