Image Map

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Bingo & Beads


This past week, I decided to try something a little different with my older students. A few of them are working on synonyms and antonyms. I happened to find some plastic beads and string and decided to put them to use. I grabbed a piece of construction paper and a Sharpie and drew a 5x5 grid. I placed a FREE space in the center and wrote some words in the boxes. I called out words that were antonyms and the student found and placed a bead on the box. When the student got bingo, he could string the beads to make a bracelet. You could also play this by placing beads on all the boxes and having the student name a synonym/antonym before picking up the bead to string. It was a hit and they were motivated to participate! 

This method can easily be used for homophones, multiple meaning words, describing attributes, and more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment