Image Map

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Finding Your TpT Niche


Linky Party time!

It's easy - if you'd like to participate, simply insert the above graphic into your post and link back to my post. Be sure to add your link to the bottom of this post too!

When I started TpT in November 2012, I'll admit I didn't really know what I was getting myself into. Little did I know what a fabulous world of wonderfully made activities I would find from other SLP bloggers and SLPs across the country. In times where budgets are tight, it is amazing to be able to find activities that will work for diverse caseloads for just dollars.

I didn't start it with intentions of making millions (though that would be nice)! I started with some ideas that I thought would be great to share with fellow SLPs. Making activities to sell on TpT has become very popular in the last couple of years. It's a GOLD MINE of fabulous, creative, inexpensive activities! I am, by no means, an expert on what makes your products sell, but I thought I'd share how I've found my TpT niche.

I try to come up with ideas that are different! I like to try new ideas out in my therapy room and I'm definitely trying to streamline my planning process so that I can still enjoy life outside of the SLP world. That's been my inspiration for creating most of the products in my store. Some of the ones that I think have been a hit include:

Mirror Activities: I have a bunch of these in my store (some free, like Mirror-CATEGORIES and Mirror-TIC: TH). Kids get excited about these!



App Companions: I started with My PlayHome and now have one for My PlayHome Stores as well. I did contact the app developer and got permission to develop the product with the knowledge that I'm selling it online.


Mini-Books: I like writing my own mini-books with accompanying activities!



I believe that if you come up with a new and different idea, people are likely to become repeat customers. Above all, I strive to create and post quality products, which definitely takes time. It doesn't happen overnight and I'm nowhere near the success of some other SLP bloggers who sell on TpT, but I'm content with what I've accomplished so far.

So bloggers, get ready! Link up below and share your ideas for how YOU found your TpT niche!

No comments:

Post a Comment