Image Map

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Do You Have Apples To Apples?





If you have Apples to Apples for Kids, then you can use this other option for playing the game! I have to admit that I don't often pull this game out, as it doesn't always fit the needs for my groups. This week, in desperation search of something that would capture the attention of a few of my bouncing-off-the-walls students, the game made an appearance. I altered the rules. We first went over the definition of an adjective. Insert me wanting to bang my head against the wall when some kids answered "we weren't taught those." Ok...it's the end of the year. I ignored that. 

Anyway, back to the point. The green cards have adjectives on them. I laid out 5 green cards in front of each student and gave them a stack of red cards, which have nouns on them. I said "first student to find 3 nouns to fit each adjective wins." Add a little competition and we were off to the races! 

They liked it, they learned a little, we practiced language skills...the end.

Hope you can use this idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment