Image Map

Friday, December 7, 2012

Find the Fruit Basic Concepts + Homework Sheets

I have a lot of pre-K and early elementary kids working on basic concepts (in, on, behind, same, different, top, etc). I also like fruit! I decided to create a basic concepts activity with the fruit clipart that I used for the Fruit Bowl Fluency Game


The Find the Fruit Basic Concepts Game works in a similar manner, with students working to earn as much fruit as they can to put in their bowl. Print out as many bowls and pieces of fruit you need (1 sheet of fruit per 2 students is likely enough). 




I targeted the following concepts: in, on, top, bottom, under, above, in front, behind, between, same, different, left, right, big, and small. Again, these are by no means ALL basic concepts; however, they are the ones that I seem to target the most! You get a total of 100 different game cards. See the picture below to get a better idea of how many cards target each concept. 


 See examples of cards here:





I'm also trying something different: I know most of us like to send some type of "homework" assignment with our students. I included 10 different homework sheets with examples of the concepts targeted in the game. I'm hoping this will make your lives a little easier! Let me know in the comments if this is something you'd like to see on future materials.


If you'd like a copy of this game, get it here

No comments:

Post a Comment