The concept is simple: You have just $5.00 to spend. Using the items you bought, create 3-5 activities! I picked up the following 5 items:
1. plastic skeleton
2. plastic creatures including spider rings, bat rings, caterpillars, etc
3. spider web basket
4. monster cut outs
5. felt leaves
How I Plan To Use In Therapy:
1. I will make a tree and affix velcro to the leaves and branches. We can put the leaves on the tree as reinforcers or work on prepositions!
2. I'll turn the basket over. I snipped the spider and bat rings so the kids can put them in the web!
3. I plan to put velcro on some of the creepy crawly things and different body parts of the skeleton to work on vocabulary, following directions, expanding utterances, etc.
4. I can hide the creepy crawly things around the room and we can talk about their locations. I can give clues so the students can find the items to work on auditory comprehension.
5. Monsters: There are different colored monsters, so I might use this in a variety of ways: cut out a mouth on one so the monster can be fed the creepy crawly things. I think I might keep the monsters for a later date too!
Those are my ideas for my $5.00 purchase. I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!