Image Map

Friday, December 20, 2013

Peek At My Week 12/20



December has come and gone so quickly! This is my absolute favorite time of the year. It also can be one of the craziest times, especially in the schools. I had a bunch of meetings this week, plus there were all sorts of different events going on that led to my schedule becoming a hot mess. 

The craft of the week for the kids that celebrate Christmas was a Skittle-mas Tree. Very simple. Cut out trees with the elision machine and glue on skittles. Doesn't get simpler than that! Warning - next time I do this, I'll use card stock because the construction paper was a little too flimsy. Another note: USE BOTTLED GLUE, NOT GLUESTICKS for this craft. I have a love-hate relationship with glue. Regardless, the kids enjoyed this craft. I built whatever goals I needed to around this! 


Since I didn't get to do the snowman craft with some of my kids last week (snow days), if I knew they didn't celebrate Christmas, they did the snowman craft from last week. I've found that most of the kids don't really mind what they do, but they like taking something home!

For my older kids, a few of them are working on formulating sentences with conjunctions. Even though it wasn't winter related, I pulled out my Flower Petal Conjunctions (free). I printed it in black and white and cut out the petals - the kids loved gluing on the petals. It was a quick and easy activity, and there was still tons of practice involved. I tried to keep things light and easy - the kids were bouncing off the walls. 

Now it's time to look forward to winter break and some much needed time with family and relaxation. Never fear, I do hope to add some more activities to my store. 

Recently added items include:

Why Do I Come To Speech Therapy? Mini-Books: I'm super excited about this product. I made this product for 2 reasons: 
1) I get asked this question by students fairly frequently.
2) When I ask students why they come to see me, I get a blank stare.

There are two versions: K-5th grade:


If you work in the schools, I hope you enjoy your time off! I wish you and yours happy holidays!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment