Image Map

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Holiday Gift Tag Activity & Freebie!

The holiday season has arrived in full force. I wanted a new seasonal activity that would focus on expressive language skills. I happened to see gift tag labels for $1.00 in Walmart today, which sparked an idea! When I came home, I found an old box (shirt box, shoe box, etc) and lined the bottom with white paper. Then I peeled off the labels and stuck them in random order around the paper until it looked like this:



I plan to give my students pennies to toss into the box, then describe the gift tag they land on using this Holiday Gift Tag Activity freebie I just posted on TpT! 

The great thing is that you can change this activity with the holidays/seasons: just use different stickers! I included a description chart for the gift tags, but also a general one to use with stickers. If you download it, PLEASE leave feedback! 

*NOTE: I realize that some schools do not allow Christmas to be discussed. In this case, you could use winter themed stickers instead. Enjoy and comment below if you think you'll use this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment