Who plays games in their therapy room? I'm sure you may cringe if you hear your students say "we play games in speech!" Those are the moments that I wish I could just slap this sticky note on the back of the child after they say that (hehe):
But I digress...
I have found that some games really are great for getting a lot of trials out of my kids. These are currently my favorites (click on the pictures to get to the Amazon link):
1. Don't Spill The Beans: get a bean for every 3-5 words, etc.
2. Mr. Potato Head: have a race to see who can build their potato the fastest. Earn a body part for every 3-5 words, etc.
3. Spot It: have a race to find the matching items after 3-5 words, etc.
4. Marble Run: have a marble race after 3-5 words, etc.
5. This is not so much a game, but I've found it works WONDERS. I bought these "coins" awhile back from Oriental Trading Company. For whatever reason, kids LOVE earning these coins. I give them a cup and we see how many coins they can earn. This would work well with pennies, bingo chips, etc.
What do you use in your therapy room to get a lot of trials?