Image Map

Friday, October 18, 2013

Peek At My Week: 10/18


I'm slowly working my way up to Halloween things in therapy. I probably will do more next week, but I don't like doing it for too long. This week, I used some of my Dollar Store Dash purchases. 

I put velcro on the skeleton in various places and on the creepy crawlies. It was a great way to target directions, body parts, concepts, etc. The kids had a ball putting the items all over the skeleton and it was such an easy activity to incorporate other activities with.


I cut out and laminated a tree trunk and then put velcro on the tree and the felt leaves. I used this as a reinforcer and a requesting activity with my kids with autism. They all liked the interactive aspect of this. Irregular plurals were targeted and discussed too, especially ones that the "f" changes to a "v" like in "leaves."


For my older kids, we watched videos on Watch Know Learn, which is a great free site with educational videos for grades K-12. This was a great way to work on listening comprehension, prediction, inferring, and recalling details. Plus, watching videos seems motivating for many of the kids. 

What did you do in therapy this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment