Image Map

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Gratitude Challenge - SLP Style!

Have you seen Gratitude Challenges popping up on your Facebook newsfeed (next to the ice bucket challenge videos)? I have! I've seen different versions, but I believe this is the original website --> http://www.gratitudechallenge.com.

This challenge proposes that you describe something you're grateful for for 21 days. I'm altering it a little to make it fit the lives of busy SLPs. Below I'm naming 21 things that I'm grateful for:

1. My family: they are my anchor :)
2. My friends: they keep me sane :)
3. Having a job that I enjoy: maybe not every single aspect, but I love doing therapy!
4. This blog: since I started this adventure almost 2 years ago, it's been a creative outlet.
5. TpT: I make a lot of materials for my caseload anyway, so I love that I can help other SLPs out by sharing. Plus it has helped me begin to make a tiny dent in student loans.
6. Baking/cooking: this is something I love to do when I have time.
7. Reading: I loved to read as a kid and I still love to read!
8. Exercise: I like to run. I'm grateful that I'm able to be active.
9. Reality TV: sometimes, it's necessary to just have something to laugh at
10. Online SLP community: I've "met" such great sources of inspiration online! 
11. Being happy: not all day, every day, but 95% of the time I really think I am!
12. Reeses Pieces: because sometimes a girl's gotta eat chocolate + peanut butter
13. Gummy bears: because sometimes a girl wants something gummy
14. Grandparents: I'm lucky to have had great ones in my life
15. Phone: I don't live near my family, so I need a phone to stay in touch
16. Looking at the ocean: I don't get to do this nearly as often as I'd like, but I love it when I do!
17. Confidence: Since leaving college, I think I've become a bit more confident in my abilities 
18. Motivation to keep learning: while I may not be motivated 100% of the time, I like to learn new things!
19. Music: helps me unwind, keep running, etc.
20. My health: aside from a few aches and pains, I'm in good health
21. YOU!!! People like you who read my posts!

So now I must ask: fellow SLPs, what are YOU grateful for?

2 comments:

  1. Here are my 21:
    1--my faith
    2--my 4 children
    3--my speech language technician!! (What a wonderful awesome woman--will miss her when she "goes grad"!)
    4--friends to watch a Jr. High football game with--in the cold, with mosquitoes and no lights!
    5--being an SLP!
    6--my daddy; he keeps proving everyone that thinks he "won't last"; yet he's still giving me grief!
    7--my inlaws
    8--my church grandma's
    9--TpT
    10--the CF's I have the privilege of supervising; I always learn so much!
    11--being almost 50; it's good to feel knowledgeable sometimes!
    12--my kindergarten teachers-a great pair of ladies
    13--my students who are not "easy" because they make me learn everyday!
    14--the aches and pains that remind me that I am always changing, just like my students
    15--friends who help me learn all things "techy"!
    16--chocolate!
    17--music, both that which I play and that which I hear; especially Christian music!
    18--that my hubby usually makes dinner!
    19--hugs; from my babies, from my students, from my friends
    20--living in the country; when I go for a walk, I really get to see the seasons and the natural beauty of each
    21--the ability to be aware of what I can be grateful for; Thank you God.

    ReplyDelete