Image Map

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Peek At My Week: 9/14


Tomorrow begins week #3! This past week, I had fun using My Speech-O-Graphy and getting to know what my students did over the summer. It was also a great way to remind students of their speech goals!

Again, I'm trying to plan by the month instead of by the week. Mainly to keep my sanity. I plan general activities and then tweak as necessary. So here's a peek at my upcoming week:

I may be sneaking in a little pirate fun here and there, since I forgot September 19 is Talk Like A Pirate Day. Whoops. A quick Pinterest search didn't fail, and I found this fun free bingo board from Our Home Creations that I can adapt and use with any goal. Click here to be taken to that post and make sure you thank Natalie for the freebie! 

For my K-2 crowd, I'll be using Carl's Crazy Day, which is a No Print Speech Therapy (NPST) activity in my store. It is like a "choose your own adventure" story, with built in options that students can choose throughout the original story. The packet also comes with a separate printable file with worksheets for followup. Download the story onto your iPad using the Adobe app or iBooks and touch the choices! Click the picture below to check it out!
For my artic kids, we'll be looking for words that contain their sounds. My language kids will be answering WH questions, retelling the story, and working on the vocabulary in the story. 

For the 3rd-5th grade crowd, we'll be trying out Denise's (Speech Language Pirates) Reader's Theater. Click below to be taken to this product description:


There are 3 plays included, so I can use one now and save the other 2 for later! I love that it will hit a ton of goals and I don't have to worry about having multiple different activities. 

Enjoy your week! Hope you got some good ideas to make your life easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment